Calgary Mental Health & Wellness Centre

Psychologists providing counselling in Alberta and New Brunswick, direct billing available.


FAQ: Can you direct bill?

Yes we can, however before coming in please check the following with your insurance company:

  • Do I have mental health insurance benefits?
  • What is my deductible and has it been met?
  • How many sessions per year does my health insurance cover?
  • What is the coverage amount per therapy session?
  • Is approval required from my primary care physician?

FAQ: Who can you direct bill?

  •  We can direct bill Alberta Blue Cross, Alberta School Employee Benefit Plan (ASEBP) (Teachers and School Support Staff), Green Shield, Medavie Blue Cross (RCMP, Canadian Forces, VAC), Canada Life, Canada Life PSHCP, Manulife Financial,  Chambers of Commerce Group Insurance Plan, Claim Secure, Equitable Life, CINUP, Desjardins,  First Canadian, Manion, People Corporation, Simply Benefits, GroupHEALTH, GroupSource, Industrial Alliance Insurance and Financial Services (iA), Johnson Group, Beneva, Canadian Construction Workers Union, Maximum Benefit, and Human Assurance.
  • For those with Treaty Status (First Nations and Inuit) who are covered by Indigenous Services Canada (ISC) Health Benefits or the Non-Insured Health Benefits Program (NIHB), we are able to direct bill to the NIHB program.
We are excited that Manulife Financial now allows direct billing for psychologists.

*Please note: Sunlife Financial does not currently allow psychologists to direct bill*

FAQ: What does my Non-Insured Health Benefits Program (NIHB) cover?

Under the Non-Insured Health Benefits Program (NIHB), you are eligible for coverage for up to 20 hours of sessions. These sessions can be either individual or group sessions. Group sessions may include family sessions, parenting sessions, or participation in registered groups. NIHB Mental Health Counselling Benefits

FAQ: Do you offer online sessions?

Yes, we do! We offer in-person sessions and video sessions for clients in Calgary and video or over-the-phone sessions for individuals residing in Alberta and New Brunswick.

FAQ: What is the difference between a Registered Psychologist
and a Registered Provisional Psychologist?

  • Registered Provisional Psychologist: is a therapist who has completed a minimum Master’s level in psychology or related degree and is practicing to become a registered psychologist. They must complete a minimum of 1600 hours of supervised hours in the practice of Psychology. They are in the process to successfully complete the require Examination of the Professional Practice of Psychology (EPPP) and the Law and Ethics for Alberta Psychologists examination (LEAP) (provisional psychologists are now required to complete the LEAP within their first year of registration). They are registered with the same college as a registered psychologist (College of Alberta Psychologists).
  • Registered Psychologist: is a therapist who has completed the 1600 hours of practice, the EPP, and LEAP. They are registered with the College of Alberta Psychologists and do not require supervision.

Still have questions? Contact us!

Websites for Therapists by TherapyTribe